HELPERS COMMUNITY cares deeply about nonprofits who enrich the lives of individuals with developmental disabilities.Helpers Community is dedicated to supporting nonprofit agencies and individuals that help those who provide residential care, recreation, and job training programs to Adults with developmental disabilities. Helpers Community grants funds to 501c3 organizations that serve Adults with developmental disabilities, with priority being those in the state of California.
Organizations that qualify through their commitment to serve Adults with developmental disabilities can apply for grants for infrastructure and materials for specific programs or projects, including facility improvement projects, but not for general operating support and/or salaries.
Helpers Community Grant Timeline:
- Letters of Interest must be received by January 31 and July 31 of each year.
- Requests for full proposals will follow for those projects where the Helpers Community Board of Directors expresses interest for further consideration. Site visits to prospective organizations under consideration may occur prior to the decision deadline.
- Organizations applying for their first “Request for Funding” (RFF) to Helpers Community, the Board of Directors requires a scheduled site visit to the organization by the Helpers Community Executive Director and additional Board member(s). This required site visit allows us to become more familiar with the organization’s leadership, learn more about the specific area of need, and if the organization meets and fulfills the mission of Helpers Community.
- Proposals with requested details and attachments are due March 1 and September 1.
- Decisions on all grant requests will be made at the March and September Board of Directors’ meetings, with notification within 10 days of those meetings.
- Recipient organizations are expected to update and share the activities, projects, programs, and their impact with Helpers’ Board of Directors periodically, but at least at the end of the funded project.
- Organizations receiving a grant from Helpers Community are also expected to promote their partnership and impact of their grant on their organization’s website and social media platforms.
- Organizations requesting and receiving grant support from Helpers Community Inc., must have and be in full compliance of and support Helpers’ Anti-Discrimination Policy.
For further information and/or to submit a Letter of Interest, and other documents, please contact our Executive Director, Robert “Harry” Harrison at: firstname.lastname@example.org.